Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Back to School

School starts tomorrow. I am swimming in new ideas and ideas I want to revisit. Whole Brain Teaching, the flipped classroom, using social media to teach, and more. I have new classes this year, including an AP Art History class, for which the textbooks have not arrived.

I have decided to spend the year doing whatever it takes to get my ducks in a row for the future. Recording videos, making powerpoints, organizing my room - if I have to stay until 6 pm everyday for a year, eventually it will be worth it.

I plan to make more use of google docs, linoit, delicious, teacher tube, and the google art project. If I would use these tools consistently, they would make my life easier!

In advocacy: a webpage is counting the cost of cut arts funding to the economy in Great Britian. Check it out at Lost Arts.

As part of all of these big plans, I also want to blog regularly. Other goals include making a video to submit for next year's Google Teacher Academy and finding out how to become a STAR Discovery Educator when our system no longer pays for an account with Discovery Education. Pfft.

No comments:

Post a Comment