Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Back to School!

Mr. Mac and I before ziplining at our faculty retreat.
Well, it's almost 2 pm on the day before students arrive, and instead of working on syllabi, I'm dredging up this blog from the depths of neglected social media.  I have such good intentions, but so little time!  I am hoping to have more time this year because I have so much to share.  I should have a little more time since I did not have enough students to teach AP Art History this year, despite the fact that my students all scored a 4 or a 5 on the AP Art History exam!!!

The picture above is from our faculty retreat this summer - Camp Black Bear.  We did some great planning for the year but also had time for some fun and some bonding.  Two of our three art teachers went.

I am planning to do some posting about how we are handling some lower numbers since losing the MYP program and since the state no longer requires 1/2 credit of fine art to graduate.  I also want to share some of my summer learning experiences.  Finally, I want to share some of the big plans we have for visual arts this year at my school.  How are you planning to make this year the best ever?

No comments:

Post a Comment