Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Branding and Social Media


I finished our logo!  I brought it in to show our Graphic Design teacher, and she suggested a few little tweaks, but I think it's not bad for someone who's never had a graphic design course.

I started working on it because I want us to be more visible to the public.  That means using social media.  In order to be recognizable across different social media outlets, I wanted a logo to unify everything.  I know branding is important in the business world, so maybe we can use it too.  I have started a Twitter account for our department, but I'm not sure what to do with it.  My personal Twitter I use mainly for communicating with other art educators.

I do have some ideas for what to do with the new Art Department Facebook page I just made - I just don't have the time!  I want to share some of what I post here on the blog, and I also want to use it to promote our department to 7th and 8th graders.  I hate it when an artistically talented high school senior wants to take a class and we realize we have missed out on having this student in the department for three years.

Another teacher once told me that publicity was key to building her art program.  I am hoping that branding and social media will help me do that - if I can only find the time!

I would be interested in hearing how other high school art teachers use social media in or for their programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment