Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Whole Brain Teaching, Day 1

Well, it went better than I anticipated. Many of the kids were hesitant to participate, but some were obviously having fun. Some of them were suggesting scoreboard rewards before class was over. And I had several students say, "Bye, Mrs. Bachuss!" as they left - a first, especially before I even get to know them. Today we discussed the syllabus, procedures, lockdown/tornado/fire drills, and how we learn (auditory/visual/kinesthetic). Tomorrow is the first art content, so I am curious how well it will work. My goal for tomorrow is to keep the energy levels high, encourage participation, and work on the Mighty Oh Yeah! / Mighty Groan when scoreboard points are awarded.

Oh, my PBS focus group is about to start, so I have to go. I will post how everything goes the rest of the week if we don't get closed for snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment