Sunday, November 14, 2010

AAEA Conference

I went to the Alabama Art Education Association Conference this weekend, and had a great time. Went to several hands-on and a couple of lecture workshops, and got to go to the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts and see Annie Leibovitz' Women exhibit and an exhibit of Maxfield Parrish's prints. There was also an Italian exhibit of marble sculpture by Giovanni Balderi. After viewing it, I wonder if he has issues with women. Overall, I loved the traveling exhibits and the workshops. The permanent collection had some works by Henri, Cassatt, Rothko, and O'Keeffe, but they were not stellar works (especially the Rothko and O'Keeffe). The museum is worth a visit if you are in the area.

The workshops were great - I learned a new printing method, tried some clay techniques that I had read about but not tried, and got to socialize with other art teachers. The food was wonderful. The conference was definitely worth the price. I just hope next year it is at a hotel that doesn't charge $20 for a breakfast buffet!

Links:
Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts
Alabama Art Education Association

No comments:

Post a Comment