Thursday, August 12, 2010

Back to School

We had a great inservice. A juggler spoke to us about 'staying unbalanced.' It was a lot of fun - you know, one of those beginning of year pep talks. But this one was amazing to watch. Picture a guy on a six foot unicycle juggling a machete, meat cleaver, and hatchet. Lots of fun.

I am going to try the WBT again this year. I fell off doing it last year. It is hard to build as a habit, but it really works while you use it. But once I slack off I find it hard to start back.

We are on the block schedule this year for the first time since I've been teaching. Looks like there will be some challenges. We have four 95 minute blocks each day. Day one we have 4 classes, day 2 we have 4 different classes, and it alternates. Both days I have 1st block planning, 2nd & 4th block Art Appreciation, and 3rd block Art II.

So far, so good. I have lots of names and faces to learn!!

No comments:

Post a Comment